Great First Cruise

Sovereign of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Sail Date: December 01, 2007
Ship: Sovereign of the Seas
It was our first cruise and it was memorable. There were plenty of things to do and when I got home from the cruise, I had to readjust to not eating every 45 minutes.

Ship staff was friendly and eager to give a smile and a helping hand if needed. The rock climbing wall didn't require a long wait and the onboard competitions were a blast.

If I ate at home like I did on the ship, I would be the size of a ship. There was always something good for us to eat and the "Dining Room" was a great experience. Though we did not have anyone sit with us at our table :( we did enjoy the food and the servers.

"Magic" show was okay...

The shows that involved the audience or the belly flop competition were the best ones. They know what the people like and they make sure everyone has a great time.

I've never seen this rating below the best. The staff is always helpful and friendly.

Standout name for our cruise: Chengiz from Turkey. He was a waiters assistant, but in our opinion was much more attentive and worthy of full waiter position. I hope to cruise again and have him as our main waiter.

It takes a good 5-10 minutes to walk end to end depending on how many people are in your way. Everything was clean and nice. After about the first hour on board, you know where mostly everything is and you stop wandering lost.

I make my toughest ratings on bathrooms. Our shower was very small and barely big enough for just me alone. I am not even 150 lbs. and I felt cramped taking a shower.

The stateroom was nice and the climate control worked fine. It was a cozy room, I would recommend the room itself. (We got the cheapest stateroom.)

Pros: Never-ending food and Helpful Staff

Cons: Showers were tiny and you can hear the neighbors.

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas? Yes!