MY FIRST CRUISE AND IT WAS AWESOME

Sovereign of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Sail Date: August 01, 2007
Ship: Sovereign of the Seas
My family reunion was on this cruise ship and we all had a BLAST!!! There wasn't anything that we could NOT get!! Our room attendent (DEAN) was INCREDIBLE. HE went out of his way to make sure our room was always clean. Everytime we would leave the room and come back, it seemed like our bed was made and floor vaccuumed!!! WOWW!!

We had 2nd dining (8pm) and our waiter was so attentive!! Our cups were NEVER empty and on the final night, all of the waiters and servers sang their farewell song (tear jerker)!!

The Windjammer was EXCELLENT!!!

There was this CHEESY 50's-80's show, but like I said earlier, the farewell show was a tear jerker!!! :-)

If you have any kids that are younger than 3, OR that are 3 but not potty trained, you're in BIG TROUBLE!!!! There are no ammenities for those with kids younger than 3 so we missed soooo much!! That's why we are taking another cruise in MAR 08 (Explorer of the Seas) and leaving the little one with my parents!!! YAHOOOO!!!!

One word: EXCELLENT.

Anytime, I asked for something; ANYTHING, the staff went out of their way to accomodate me.

From what I was told, it's an older ship!! My wife has been on several other ships and tells me this pales in comparison, but like I said, i'm a first timer and I was amazed!!!

A bit cramped but it's a CRUISE SHIP, not the HILTON!!!!

Pros: The food, service, WINDJAMMER, Chocolate Buffet night, etc.

Cons: I GAINED 6 POUNDS!!!!!Short port calls, Not good for anyone with kids under 3 years old!

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas? Yes!