Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Pick a different ship

Sail Date: September 22, 2008

This was my first Royal Carribean cruise and I heard about was how wonderful the food was on this cruise line. Well I was very disappointed. There was a Johnny Rockets restuarant that you have to actually pay $4.00 in order to get a hamburger on the cruise. Isn't the food on the cruises suppose to be included? The hamburgers that were served on Cocoa Cay were not good quality at all. I was also looking forward to a midnight buffet and there was not one. But apparently there was some kind of buffet on the pool side one night. Also, I really wanted lobster tail for dinner one night and I had to do without that because it was never offered. Breakfast in the formal dining room was extremely slow. If you go on a cruise to actually enjoy the food you may want to stay away from this ship.

Pros: Friendliness of wait staff

Cons: Food was very disappointing

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Food could have been better.
I don't care to visit Nassau again, but the beach was beautiful. The Atlantis hotel was great.