Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Think twice before you book

Sail Date: March 01, 2008

This ship is old. And yes, it does have an odor. Even on the 9th deck where we were staying, it smelled of sewage. It did not have the wow factor that other ships, even older ones, have had. I found everything to be "typical" cruise fare from the food to the merchandise. The cabin and dining staff was most accomodating, but other than that, the staff was less than stellar. BE SURE to shop in Nassau - not in CoCo Cay. The "straw market" in Coco Cay charged me $18 for a beach towel rather than the $7 I could have paid in Nassau. But... I waited since the ship staff said "dont worry if you didn't shop, because there's a straw market on CoCo Cay" Well... that's true, however, the cruise line owns the island and of course gets a cut. Therefore, the merchandise is triple the price. Literally. CoCo Cay is ok, but has a "theme park beach" feel to it. I was highly disappointed in this trip.

Pros: Senior Frogs in Nassau

Cons: CoCo Cay

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.