Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Just OK!! An older ship.

Sail Date: January 11, 2008

We've cruised quite a few times before, but never on Royal Caribbean. We got a great deal a week before the cruise. So, for the the price, I cannot complain. We booked the cruise and were told to call Royal Caribbean directly for transfers. Royal Caribbean told us that we could not buy transfers, we had to buy them from . After being told a different answer everytime I called Royal Carribean, we ended up buying them at the airport. After arriving at the airport, Royal Caribbean stopped transferring to Port Canaveral because the boat had not cleared the health inspection. We (along with MANY others)ended up getting to the boat around 3:00. Overall, the cruise was ok. I didn't think there were as many daytime activiites as other cruise lines, but the "adult" evening activites were much better. Maybe that is because we now have kids:) My biggest problem was the food. It was just bad. We went to the sitdown restaurant the first night and never went back. Every buffet style mean was the same. I actually lost weight on the cruise..... I've never done that before!!

Pros: Entertainment

Cons: Food

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Really enjoyed it. Used the Waverunners and Kayak. Also saw a small baby shark (2-3 feet) close to shore.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
We did an excursion. Nobody was able to get off the boat until an hour afer we were scheduled. So, they took us an hour late and brought us back 3 hours late. Didn't really get to see much of it.