Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Poor Service on a Horrible Ship

Sail Date: January 01, 2008

I would say that I am a somewhat experienced cruiser, so believe me when I say - Stay Away from this ship.
The ship stinks - seriously, it smelled like boiled broccoli on deck 6 for the entire cruise. Everyone was commenting about the smell that drifted between the floors all around 6.
Guest Relations provided horrible service. I booked an 'oceanview' room, and was placed on the Prommande deck. All I could see out my window were Smoker's behinds looking over the railing. When I went to GR to see about a new room, they could not have been ruder. When I asked to speak to a manager, they gave me a voicemail mailbox. I never recieved a return phone call from anyone. That is just horrible service. Even if they couldn't accomodate me, they should at least return the phone call.
The food was bland- worse cruise food I have ever had.
It took Housekeeping 1.5 hours to bring me a hairdryer when the one in the room sparked when I plugged it in.
I could keep going, but you get the drift.

Pros: Activities, Coco Cay

Cons: Service, Food

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.