Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Good Experience

Sail Date: October 01, 2007

The cruise was a fun, first time cruise for me and my travel companion. We really liked that we didn't have to worry about food expenses which saved us quite a bit of money. With that money you save, spend, spend, spend on shore excursions. The shore excursions are insanely overpriced, however without a trip or three, you'll be missing out on what could be memories of a lifetime. We only took one shore excursion and I feel like we really missed out on more. DO take advantage of the hammocks on Coco Cay! That was nice nap! The one day at sea was filled with activities, but get to the pool deck early since everybody thinks they need a lounge chair just to put their towel on, regardless if they used the chair or not. I waited for two hours for someone to vacate a darn lounge chair on our last day of cruising, while many others went unused except by a lone towel. Disembarking was quick through Customs and our luggage was quickly found at baggage claim. It took less than half an hour. Shows to see while on the cruise is the Love & Marriage Game and the Quest Game. You'll be laughing!

Pros: Not having to worry about food expenses.

Cons: Overpriced shore excursions.

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Coco Cay was gorgeous. Spend money on playing whether with snorkling or at the waterpark or on a waverunners-definately worth it. Take advantage of the hammocks and take a nice nap.
Don't Miss: The hammocks for relaxing.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Don't Miss: The hammocks for relaxing.
Nassau wasn't what I thought it was going to be. The shopping is an adventure in itself and I felt overwhelmed and not quite safe. Traffic was scary! I wouldn't recommend renting scooters unless you know the streets and all their twists and turns. It would be easy to get lost or worse, hit by a careless driver. The horse drawn carriages were a bit of a worry. I'm a horse owner and seeing some of the horses in need of weight and visibly panting due to the heat was troubling. I highly recommend you stay with any tours offered by Royal Caribbean and take advantage of either the Stingray adventure or go to the Atlantis hotel and use their beach as there was no beach within walk distance of the ship.
Don't Miss: Atlantis hotel if you've never been.
Don't Miss: Atlantis hotel if you've never been.