Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

An OKAY cruise

Sail Date: August 10, 2007

My favorite activites in the past have been the activities such as the various trivia games, scrap-booking classes, towel/napkin folding hands-on classes, and things of that nature. My favorite foods have been the potatoe salad and the dessert tartlets. This most recent cruise had a different mustard based potatoe salad, which was a serious let down. What made the original recipe so good and different was that it WASN'T the typical same old recipe and now it's so many others. I think they've also added bacon to which is such an overpowering ingredient. The wonderful little tartlets didn't show up this time, another let down. We showed up 5 minutes late to the scrapbooking class and the girl running it said "We're about done, but I guess you can look at those books that lady has over there when she's done; we don't really do anything here." WHAT!?!?!?!?! I'm so sorry we burdened her by being interested in taking part in a class offered in the daily itenerary (compass). She just seemed so unhappy to have to do this collateral duty. Later the same girl was in charge of one of the usually fun trivia games and when only 4 people showed up she painfully said I GUESS we can do this if you guys really want to.... So the other people bowed out after being nudged by her for someone to speak out to cancel it. I just wish these fun activities weren't even printed in the daily compass if there wasn't going to be someone with positive energy that truly was making an effort to lead people to having fun and taking part in the activities. Some of my fondest memories of my other 3 cruises were the towel-folding hands-on class (not the one this cruise that was merely a demonstration from other people) that was only attended by 7 or 8 people but I truly bonded with those people. Bring back the original potatoe salad and mini-tarts and get high energy, happy, positive people to run the trivia games that don't try to get finished with their assignment as fast as possible... Even the "Name that Tune" lasted a whopping 11 minutes... IT'S FUN!!! PLAY 3 ROUNDS INSTEAD OF 1 SUPERFAST ROUND!!!!!!!

Pros: The scheduled activites that DID take place.

Cons: The scheduled activities that DIDN'T take place.

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

Go experience the Straw market. You'll realize how wonderful our lives are and really appreciate the daily things we have.
Don't Miss: Any tour. You probably should experience Atlantis at least once.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Very nice and relaxing.
Don't Miss: Snorkling, SCUBA, or the glass bottom boat...at least one activity that you can see what beautiful life exists underwater at Cococay.
Don't Miss: Any tour. You probably should experience Atlantis at least once.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Very nice and relaxing.