Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

What a vacation!

Sail Date: February 19, 2007

My overall impression of the ship is good. Of course the ship is an older one and we knew that before booking but we were surprised in the good condition and excellent job of keeping it clean. This was my second cruise but it was a first for my wife (who has high expectations) and she is now totally sold on cruising verses condo vacations. We had nothing negative except for a strange noise that seemed to emit from the wall one night for a couple of hours that was of no fault of anyone. If my wife loved it then it had to be good! One observation was the children's program and staff. We did not have children with us but met a couple who had a 5 and 8 year old onboard. We heard from them about their activities and observed the public activities of the children. My wife, who is a teacher, and myself were very impressed with the staff and the program. The kids had a blast! One recommendation from my wife is that if you are a first time cruiser to bring a small empty or almost empty bag to put souviners and possibly your last nights clothes in it when departing. The cruise director was fantastic and made sure evryone had something to do.

Pros: Entertainment

Cons: Smoking in the lounges.

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

Found some bargins at the Straw Market and had fun shopping downtown Nassau.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Beach was fun and the Bar-B-Q ribs were great!
Found some bargins at the Straw Market and had fun shopping downtown Nassau.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Beach was fun and the Bar-B-Q ribs were great!