Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A good cruise

Sail Date: December 01, 2006

Overall the cruise was good. I appreciated the cleanliness of the ship. The crew was extremely nice and courteous. We enjoyed the events that took place. When trying to plan what we wanted to do, we were able to choose and not miss a thing. Although this was one of the smaller cruise liners we've been on, it was definitely easier to navigate. And of course the casino.. where most of our money went :-), you couldn't walk by there without dropping something in a slot machine. I think it's the ding ding ding you hear. The debarkation process was extremely slow. It seems as though with a small cruise we wouldn't have to wait so long. It took almost 3 hours from the time they called for the first set of people to exit. AAnd for those checking out Bingo, (you can't have a cruise without bingo), check out bingo mama on the Soveriegn, that's all I have to say on that! Anyway, I would recommend this as a first time cruise for anyone interesting in getting their feet wet and a ultimate weekend getaway but I wouldn't recommend it to an avid cruiser.

Pros: This is the first time traveling on Royal Caribbean and Soveriegn of the Seas. I like the fact that the schedule of events wasn't overwhelming. If you saw two things you want to participate in you didn't have to make a choice b/c there happened at two different times. Also the crew was helpful.

Cons: The rooms were extremely small. Debarkation process was very slow.

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

We took an informal tour of Nassau and got to see all of the sites for half the money. it was good. Our tour guide Greg (not apart of RC) was very nice and informative.
Don't Miss: Atlantis I would go back just to stay there.
Don't Miss: Atlantis I would go back just to stay there.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Very nice. We needed more time there though.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Very nice. We needed more time there though.