Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Our First Cruise

Sail Date: November 01, 2006

As first time cruisers, we really enjoyed the experience. IIt was our first vacation without the children, and it was a very relaxing weekend. We could always find a quiet, private section of a deck to sit and do nothing; or if we wanted to enjoy an activity, that was available too. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful - the best I have experienced on any vacation, including Disney which is famous for their customer service.

The private island, Coco Cay was the highlight of the trip. It had plenty of beaches and space for everyone - no matter what one was looking for. The food was great - no lines, everything was spread out and was available for 2 hours, so you never felt rushed or in line for food. There were plenty of chairs, beach mats, drinks, etc. The straw market was lovely too. The tender back and forth from the ship was very quick and convenient. No waiting at all.

The stateroom was good, although the bathroom could have been cleaner, the room itself was fine. The bed was the most comfortable I've slept in on a vacation.

Check in and check out on the ship was quick and convenient. Transfers at the airport were also quick and convenient. The staff there was more than helpful - everyone wanted to make sure we were happy and taken care of. There was no lack of staff or service to keep everyone satisfied. My husband and I were very impressed.

All in all, we had a great trip, and look forward to cruising again!

Pros: It was one of the most relaxing vacations we have ever taken. It was perfect for a short weekend for my husband and I to relax and enjoy each other's company without the children.

Cons: There could have been more variety of shows, and our stateroom bathroom could have been a little cleaner.

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!