Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean

First-Time Cruiser!

Sail Date: September 01, 2006

I'm hooked! As a first time cruiser, I sailed on the RCCL Sovereign of the Seas on Labor Day weekend. At the last minute, my husband could not go and my mom took his place. It was a first for both of us!

Royal Carribean provided a wonderful and relaxing mini-vacation for us that will be the first of many. I can't wait to try one of her larger ships.

The ship is still rather large though, and it loomed over the Carnival ships that were parked next to us in Nassau. Though it is an older ship, we found it to be comfortable and clean. What more could you ask?

Nassau was as expected - Dirty and uncomfortable. We scheduled massages for the afternoon while the ship was in port and I am glad we did. We had just enough time to get off the ship and walk around for about an hour and then we got back on and headed to the spa.

The spa was a treat! I had the hot stone massage and it was absolutely fantastic. I fell asleep twice and was encouraged to relax for 15 minutes at it's conclusion. I will definitely get a massage on every cruise!

Cococay was a lot of fun. Very clean and bright, it is what you picture when you picture the Carribean islands. The beach is lovely and there are a ton of activities. My favorite part was the tender ride, so I took it twice. :) I got some great pictures!

Overall, I really enjoyed the cruise and have already booked another one on a larger ship. The mini-vacation sure made the weekend amazing!

Pros: Service was impeccable. Food was outstanding!

Cons: Long gaps in activities in the afternoons.

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!