Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A 2nd fantastic cruise

Sail Date: March 01, 2006

My husband and I sailed on this ship in February of 2004 with co-workers. There were eight of us in total. Sitting together at meal times was one of the best things about the cruise because we didn't always do the same things together on shore so when we got back to the ship and had dinner we could all talk about the different exciting things we did. having breakfast togehter and planning out our days was always fun too. The shows were pretty good. The casino was larger than I thought it would be. For as many people as there were on board, the casino never got so busy that you had to wait forever just to play a slot machine. Windjammers was great to have there because we like to spend most of our time in bathing suits and shorts and lunch was always right around the corner. We loved the ship so much we went back on December 12 of 2005. This time the ship had been completely refurbished. We actually saw the refurbishment on The Travel Channel so we were very excited to see the changes. Ben & Jerry's was new. The dining rooms were new. Windjammers had a complete overhaul. And on this cruise we went with family and friends, 13 in all. We were able to book our rooms all in a row next to each other. My husband and I kind of felt like big shots on this cruise being able to show everyone around the ship because we had been on it already. I would have to say the best part of that itinerary is the private island in Coco Cay. I could just stay there indefinitely. With 3,000 passengers on the ship, you'd never know it when you're on the island. We will definitely sail this itinerary again. The people are super nice and take care of you in every way imaginable. We just loved it!!

Pros: The size of the ship

Cons: It wasn't 7 nights