Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review

First, let it be known that this was our first 3 day cruise. Our previous experience was on a 7 day on Carnival out of Miami. Embarkation and debarkation were a piece of cake. If you get a suite, after security, you get to go in a separate line. Even the line for the others seemed to be moving quite fast. It took us less than an hour from the time we arrived at the terminal til we got in the room. Debarkation was just as smooth. They called for us at 8:30 am and we were back in Orlando by 10:05 am. Considering how old the ship is, it is in excellent shape. The food was excellent. Slightly better than Carnival. I think they offer more choices at dinner than Carnival did. We actually saw our head waiter each night getting his "hands dirty". We didn't see that or see him after the first night on Carnival. Service all around was excellent as well. The suite had plenty of room for 2 kids and 2 adults. However, all of the suites are located under the restaurant. It gets a little loud at 3:00 am. Here are some more negatives. It seemed too congested. It's not a mega-ship so keep that in mind. We realized we like the mega-ships more. Also, 3 days aren't long enough. It seemed like they tried too hard to jam the same amount of activities in 3 days as they do in 7. I think even a 5 day cruise would be more relaxing. And maybe because it was a 3 day cruise,it just didn't seem to have the same type of "fun atmosphere" as Carnival did. By the way, I am 34 and my wife is 35. Would I do RCI again? Yeah, but on one of the mega-ships, longer cruise and after I cruise again on Carnival. I would also try to avoid Miami. Cape Canavral makes it so easy to get on and off the ship. Hope this was helpful.