Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review

I was a little disappointed with the quality of the cruise experience. My main complaint is regarding the lack of enforcement of the no smoking policy. Our cruise literature indicated that there would be designated non-smoking areas, and they did in fact provide those, however they did not enforce that. I traveled with a person who has asthma and I am extremely bothered by cigar/cigarette smoke. We were bombarded with smoke almost everywhere we went. Any staff that I spoke with were reluctant to do anything about it. I asked passengers not to smoke because they were in a non-smoking area and they continued to do so. I also did not care for the "cafeteria style" dining in the Windjammer. I found the staff in that area to be quite different and much less pleasant than all the other wait staff. I will take another cruise, however I will look for a newer ship and will look for a ship that would attract a more sophisticated clientele.