Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review

Embarkation and Disembarkation:Excellent at Port Canaveral, people move quickly practically no lines anywhere. If you're driving, be sure to purchase some ant traps or other type of insecticide to leave in your car, the parking attendant told my husband that they had an ant problem and he wasn't kidding!Food: As usual, the Windjammer Cafe served food around the clock. The quality and taste of it on all three RCI ships I have been on make it the least desirable place to eat on the ship. Dining Room Staff: Excellent! Cabin Attendant: VERY POOR! I sincerely hope that if you cruise on this ship you don't get the one I had. Only 1 night of the 4-night cruise did he bother himself to make a towel animal or leave mints. I sincerely doubt that he cleaned our bathroom more than 1 time during the entire cruise. The only day that we actually saw him was the first day and the last when he was clearly waiting for a tip. I've been on 2 other Royal Caribbean ships and had outstanding service so this was very disappointing to me. First time cruisers would not know to expect better and that's probably how he gets by.Entertainment: Again, Royal Caribbean has a good caliber of entertainment relative to the size of the ship. Found entertainment on Voyager to be much better. Non-staff entertainment such as comedians were outstanding!Ports: This is where the ship lost stars. The itinerary reads like you're going to be in the Bahamas for 2 days when, in fact, the ship departs the Bahamas at 12:30 AM on the second day and that day instead is spent at sea! It certainly does not take that long to get from Nassau back to Port Canaveral. Even the employees at the Shore Excursion Desk commented that many people were under the impression that the cruise spent 2 days in the Bahamas! Itinerary should more accurately reflect the day at sea. Overall: Ship was very clean and well kept [public areas outside our cabin]. As a non-smoker who is allergic to smoke, I am disappointed that Royal Caribbean continues to allow smokers to contaiminate such public areas as the casinos and certain lounges. We had a smoker somewhere near our cabin and the hallway constantly reeked of smoke. I would not recommend this ship to anyone, would recommend instead the Majesty of the Seas, which goes on a similar itinerary. The children's program seemed to be okay, but we weren't able to use it as we had second seating dinner. NO ONE along the way recommended to us that we instead have first seating because most of the "fun stuff" for the kids occurs during the second seating dinner. I also found the stated and printed hours for the children's program to be misleading. It is printed that the program runs from 8:00 to 5:00 when in fact, they might have an activity that starts at 9:15 AM, but then you must pick up your child at 10:30 AM and the following activity doesn't start until 1:00PM and ends at 2:30 PM. It would be impossible to enjoy a shore excursion if you have to worry about rushing back to the ship in order to pick your children back up. For that reason, we didn't use the kids program.