Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review

The embarkation was very smooth. We have cruised one other time out of New Orleans with another cruise line. The embarkation in Port Canaveral was a blessed event compared to New Orleans. The food service in the dining room was great. I was not very impressed with the Windjammer. It was too much like cafeteria food and they did not keep the buffet stocked well. The entertainment was awesome. The music in the grand atrium was the best. While waiting for the dining room to open for dinner, they had a group of three men featuring a violin, bass fiddle, and guitar. They are awesome musicians. This was a first time cruise with the kids. They were a little timid but did participate in some of the programs. They enjoyed the activities and the kid crew really act like they enjoy their work. I LOVED CocoCay. I am not a beach lover, but it was a very relaxed day. The service on the ship was great but the elevators were slow and broken down a lot. Get the kinks worked out of those legs and just use the stairs. It is a good way to work off all of the good food. My only complaint is that they changed our room on us and so our luggage went to the wrong room and it took us two days to run down our tuxedo rental. I was concerned with all of the reviews mentioning the sewer odor. We did not experience this on our trip.