Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review

MANY POINTS, SO I WILL BE BRIEF IN SENTENCE LENGTH. THIS SHIP WAS PROMOTED AS A 5-STAR SHIP AND I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT DETERMINE WHAT, IF ANYTHING, QUALIFIES THIS SHIP AS SUCH. EMBARKATION WAS VERY ACCEPTABLE AND SMOOTH. TOURS WERE EXSPENSIVE AND SIGN-UP WAS AWKWARD AND NOT ORGANIZED AND SOME MISTAKES WERE MADE THAT AFFECTED OUR GROUP IN REGARD TO OVERLAPPING TIMES. NO ONE SEEMED TO CARE AND WE HAD TO BE VERY PERSISTENT IN CORRECTING THEIR MISTAKES.THE TOUR DESK APPEARED TO BE CLOSED THE MAJORITY OF THE TIME, THERE WERE NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON!!! NO MATTER HOW SICK YOU WERE!!!! CARNIVAL CHEERFULLY REFUNDS, EVEN AFTER THE FACT. THIS ALONE WILL PREVENT ME FROM CRUISING WITH RCI IN THE FUTURE.ROOMS WERE SMALL OVERALL NOT CLEAN ENOUGH (AT CHECK-IN, THERE WERE BITS OF TRASH AND OLD TOOTHPICKS ON THE FLOOR, THE COMMODE WAS NOT CLEANED PROPERLY, AND ALL OF THE COMMODES ON THE SHIP SMELLED. DINING WAS ONLY OK. AGAIN, WHAT MADE THIS A 5-STAR??? SOME ASPECTS OF THE MEALS WERE EXCELLENT, OTHERS WERE TERRIBLE. EXAMPLE, BANANA CREAM PIE WITH BROWNISH BLACK BANANAS.THE ENTERTAINMENT WAS GOOD, BUT NOT VARIED ENOUGH. ENJOYED THE TV MORE. I ALSO PREFER TO HAVE MY ACCOUNT AND TOUR PUCHASE AVAILABLE ON MY CABIN TV SCREEN LIKE CARNIVAL HAS -- THIS IS GREAT. RCI IS VERY MUCH BEHIND IN THAT RESPECT. THE STAFF, IN GENERAL, WERE NOT OUTWARDLY FRIENDLY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTED. DISEMBARKING WAS SMOOTH AND UNEVENTFUL. THIS ACTUALLY IS THE ONLY (ONE) THING THAT I CAN SAY WAS EXCEPTIONAL. I FELT THAT SECURITY WAS GOOD ALSO. I MAY POSSIBLY GIVE RCI ONE MORE TRY, BUT IT WOULD HAVE TO BE AN INCREDIBLE PRICE AND INTINERARY!!! BUT ALL OF MY GOOD JUDGMENT TELLS ME TO GO BACK TO CARNIVAL OR TRY ANOTHER CRUISE LINE. I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT MY WAITRESS, NATALIA, AND ASSISTANT, PERSON ANTHONY, WERE THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE TRIP. THEY WERE VERY DEVOTED TO THEIR WORK AND VERY EFFICIENT.ENJOYED THE BAHAMAS CITY TOUR, BUT COCO CAY WAS EXPENSIVE AND TOO CROWDED TO ENJOY ALL THAT WAS OFFERED. SINCERELY, T.H. TN (AVID CRUISER!!)