Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review

My family (55 individuals) decided to take a cruise for our 2001 Family Reunion.I am a single mother of two and I thought that my cruise experience would not be enjoyable. Embarkation went smoothly for the entire group. After the safety drill, my children and I explored the ship. Part of the layout, along with how to move to and from different decks, was confusing.My daughter was not old enough to hang out with the teenagers so she spent most of her time at Adventure Ocean playing video games, although she enjoyed the scavenger hunt. My son on the other hand, enjoyed himself tremendously. He spent his time walking around the ship with his new friends and hanging out until 2am in the Teen Disco. I took in a movie and a show and spent time with other family members relaxing by the pool. One of the cabins occupied by another family member got flooded and the staff quickly moved them to a bigger and better cabin. After the flood however, there was a foul smell on our deck.The food in the dining rooms was not that appetizing so we found ourselves eating most of our meals in the Windjammer Cafe.My daughter and I got off of the ship in Nassau and took a tour of Paradise Island; it is simply beautiful. In CocoCay, the three of us enjoyed snorkeling and lounging on the beach.Overall, my entire family enjoyed the cruise and we now plan on taking at least one cruise a year.