Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review

Hello all,Embarkation went very smooth. No problems. I usually study the ship decks before we go so I knew where our room would be. I had it decorated because it was our 9th anniversary. We traveled on the 3 day Sovereign of the Seas sailing Feb 8th. The room was decorated nicely and had a small cake and bottle of wine. The room was small, and we compare this to the Fantasy-class ships of Carnival ..but no problem we got around fine and there was enough space to store our empty luggage. The shower was incredibly small, just enough space to rinse off.Our room steward was Van Joseph. We never saw him and our room was always clean and made up. When we first got there and met him I tipped him early and asked for extra towels which he provided, and ice in our cooler, which he did fine. The only weird thing was that he didn't refill the ice in the bucket with the wine in it. But that's ok no problem I just moved some ice from the cooler to the wine bucket.We were seated in the Gigi dining room table 120 and had Jaroslaw as our waiter. He was awesome. I truly believe he was the best waiter i have ever had. The asst waiter was very efficent and never in the way. The head waiter was nice and seemed genuinely interested in us. We had a table for 8 and 4 of the people never showed up, which didn't bother me in the least, because I love the extra elbow room. All food was excellent and prepared correctly whether it be a hot or cold dish.We never went to any shows because I liked the casino too much with a big win the last night of $150 on blackjack. One night we did the dancing under the stars on deck 11 near the pool. Great music wonderful weather and cool libations, and my beautiful wife....life just doesnt get any better!!!!The ship was well maintained and never really saw any kind of work or cleaning being done but everything was clean and tidy and classy. The dining rooms were very nice and much more intimate and smaller than Carnivals. The only other thing I thought weird was the day we went to Coco Cay. while they had a buffett on the island, on the ship only the main dinig room was open. I wish the Windjammer was open, because we wanted lunch by the pool. But oh well I made do and went to the room ordered room service and brought it to the pool.All in all a great wonderful time. Anyone should take this cruise for a nice little getaway.