Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review

Embarkation: Not bad, but see if you can get someone to drop you off rather than park your car overnight. I had been told by the travel agent that there was a covered parking garage. There was no covered area for cars. Price not bad $7.00 a day. Only problem was that I had to continualy go to my state room to check on my luggage. From the time I checked it in to deliver took (2) hours, too long. Food service: I had been told by the company that set up my cruise that there was 24 hr a day food, but neglected to tell me that that this was via room service. Upon arrival I searched for that buffet, but they had just closed it up for the afternoon. Being a first time cruise I did not realize that you paid for all your soft drinks but that room service was free. My suggestion take the 1st formal setting so that you will have enough time for all the feedings. There is always a late night snack that you will want to fit in. Also the wonderful service by our waiter and assistant waiter made up for the bland food we received through room service. Did get a bout of food poisoning the last night of the trip. Still getting over that. Entertainment: Our cruise was geared for the 55 and older crowd, or the families. I'm in the 21 to 55 crowd and found the only entertainment was from 11pm to 3am in the Disco lounge. No warning from the company that set up my trip. Our weather ended up cool and cloudy, and then once on the islands some of the planned excursions were canceled due to one thing and then another.Disembarkation: Worst was last. Due to the inadaquent security at the gates a couple on the cruise found a piece of luggage that they preferred (mine) and departed with it, leaving their more used piece for me to take. I notified security of the mistake as the couple was leaving as I was unable to pull it from the grips of their hands. Security did not but instead told me I must be mistaken, that no one would possibly do such a thing. After all had departed but afew pieces of luggage I went thru the name tags and found a somewhat tatter piece somewhat resembling mine. I call the couple and to my surprise (duh!) they had taken my luggage, but could not return it to me as the Cruise Lines policy is that inorder for the couple to retrieve their luggage they must return mine back to Cape Canaveral. Royal Carib notified me that they had my luggage and they since I had not picked it up by 3PM they would send it out that day Fed Ex, next day. My cruise ended on Thursday 11/30. Fed Ex suggested that I pick my luggage up at their location otherwise I would not receive until 12/6. Wish me luck. I will be picking it up on Monday.