Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review

We had a wonderful time on the Sovereign of the Seas. The ship was very clean and in very good condition. Our dining room attendants and cabin attendant were wonderful. The Cruise Director was the best that I've ever seen and the food was out of this world. The only disappointment was that there were only two midnight buffets on a four night cruise. I've always had midnight buffets every night on all our previous cruises. The biggest suprise was the kid's program. The kid's program was wonderful to put it mildly. The staff (mostly from Canada) were young and loved the children. Our son didn't want to leave. The staff cared for the kids in the morning and in the afternoon the kid's program turned into a family program and the families did fun things together. In the evening the kid's program started up again until 10:00 p.m. From 10:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. the charge is $4.00 per child/per hour. I pay more for child care at home. Our son came home with plenty of free gifts. The biggest disappointment was the ports of call. Nassau is alright but certainly not our favorite. We didn't stop at Cocoa Cay (private island) due to a windy day. My concern is that I know other people that have cruised the same ship at other times and they also didn't stop at Cocoa Cay. I'm beginning to wonder how often the ship misses that stop. There were several cruisers that were extremely upset about that, but I realize that we didn't stop for our own safety. The staff tried their best to please everyone after this huge disappointment. We wouldn't sail on the Sovereign of the Seas again because of the ports of call, but if you want a short cruise, there are not a lot of options.