Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review

Avoid this crowded misery. My mother, father, husband and myself took the 6-11-00 cruise from Pt. Canaveral. I had problems starting from check-in. They lost my info, so I sat at the desk for 45 minutes for them to find it. Trying to get into my cabin was another problem, no keys worked, after standing in line at the purser's desk for 1 hr, we still did not have a resolution, it took 2 hrs to get them. Steward- ha ha: We did not have a room steward, we had a shuffling discount hotel maid. It seems like everytime we came back from dinner she was in our room (keep in mind nightime was the only time our room was given a glance by her, our rooms stunk from the moment we finally got in there and when we asked her to fix it, it never happened) We saw her in the way constantly, but she NEVER did anything useful.Activities: The few that they had were overrun by the masses, as this boat has so many people. Eating in the Windjammer was impossible....In the dining room: we got to eat there for 1 night because there was a large group who had ill behaved children that liked our table better than their own. I had to tell them to take a hike, their parents did not care, but why would they? They were busy with their behinds in our faces taking pictures. When we asked the waiter to be moved his response was, "Maam there is nothing I can do" Purser's desk: When I told them of the problems, their response; "Thank you for telling us"Food: If you enjoy having to eat room service in the tiny cabin then, Bon Apetit!Cabin: We had an outside cabin on the Promenade Deck, great if you enjoy joggers waking you up at 6 am and drunken peeping toms staring in!A MUST AVOID!