Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

NEVER AGAIN

Sail Date: December 14, 2007

Everything was going as it should the first few hours. We then was able to into our rooms. It look fine. After that night when we went to go eat dinner and came back to the room. As we began to walk down the hall we smelled something, it was bad. We got into our room and it the smell was there as well. You could not smell it unless you open the bathroom door or when you took a shower or lift up the skirt of the bed. I did say something to the stateroom attendant but nothing was ever done.
The next day that we came back from island we still could smell it in the hall. So we went into the room and you could tell that it was our room. Our friends on the same hall did not have that kind of problem with their room. So we would have to go to their room to sit and talk.
On the 3rd day we had to call the stateroom attendent so that we could get some clean glasses. He did not change them for the first 2 days that we had been there. Yes he came and changed the towels and made the beds but nothing else.
Every night we could go up stairs and get pizza for free and there would be this african woman there she would yell and the help and tell them " This is my pizza shop and you do what I tell you." Well by the 2nd night we had enough and said something to her because she was doing it in front of the guest and children, being so rude. So I said " What is your name?" She said " WHY DO YOU NEED THAT!!!!" So I went downstairs to talk to someone at the Guest Services Desk. The gentalman that I spoke with was very nice, he told me that he was going to call the head chef of the pizza place. He came back and told us that they had been having trouble with her for a while and was sorry to have her act that way to me, and that they would talk to her. Well during this time my friends were still up there eating and she began to roll her eyes and make faces at them. So when I got back I told them to just lets go and don't worry about coming back up there to get anything else.
So the last night that we was there we began to pack our things and we notice that there was this smell in our clothes and on the luggage set that I had. I guess it got into it because I put the bag under the bed so that we could have some space. This a Vera Bradley luggage set everything is cloth and it was not cheap.
So now when looked at everything and there was some bedroom shoes that I had to throw away because the smell was just to bad. My roommate had to throw her sleeping clothes away. When I got back home I had to take the luggage set to the cleaners.
Other than the places that we docked and the entertainment, this trip was upsetting. I feel as though I just wasted my money. You will never have to worry about me going on a cruise with Royal any more.
We take trips every year, me and six other women, believe me when I say that we will make sure that everyone that ask us about Royal will know.

Pros: The entertainment

Cons: The stateroom

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

I do think that you should make sure that you check the time that the shops close. Because we thought that I was going to be open when we got finish with dinner.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)