Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Cruise Is All About Who You Go With

Sail Date: July 07, 2008

The boat was a noticable older boat. They might of updated it but it was no comparasion to newer boats. I didn't like that the shows, clubs, bars, casino was in the BACK of the boat because you could feel the boat moving more than if they were to be located in the front.

Pros: I LOVED COCOCAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Cons: The boat seemed to "close down" way too early

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

The ship caters to more of an older crowd. Being in our "younger thirties" we like to have fun and go to bed when we are done. I felt the ship wanted everyone to retire for the night way to early and sometimes they were flat out rude about it.
The ship was average in size. A smaller boat but still very accessible to things to do.
We had the best waiter and room attendant but other than that I thought the service on the boat needed improvement. The food was average and not too impressive. I felt the cocktails were overpriced for the quality of the mix.....not very alcholic.
Average to any other boat.....needs to come up with something unique. One night they played "Quest" DO NOT MISS. The comedian was horrible...most walked out in the middle and the shows were average, not too impressive.
THE BEST STATE ROOM ATTENDENT I HAVE EVER HAD..she must of cleaned our room 3 times a day. We never ran out of dry towels or came back without a new mint on our pillows.
Did the tour by one of the locals. He showed us everything for 25 dollars. We went to the beach, bought a coconut and got free refills for the whole day. Get a beach massage from a local. I have paid twice as much for a massage and it wasn't as good as this one. Don't do the jet skis...we were lucky and didn't but it seemed like everyone who did the locals were trying to blame damage on them and wanted the tourist to pay for it.
Don't Miss: Atlantis.....its too much for words. you have to at least see it
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
LOVED LOVED LOVED....very relaxing and beautiful. I did not choose an excursion but I played vollyball, layed out, drank, smoke cigars, ate, slept....LOVED THIS ISLAND