Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Fantastic First Experience!!

Sail Date: June 27, 2008

This was my fiancee and I first cruise. Let me say everything was more than I could have ever imagined! We recently returned from Iraq and wanted a few days to "get away from it all" Well we got what we bargained for and more. The ship was so big and had so many options on what to do, what to eat, and where to hang out. I love all the pictures they take for every evening, the variety of the shows they offered, they have something for every age and every taste. You can NOT go wrong picking the Soverign of the Seas as your cruise ship to the Bahamas!

Pros: the variety of options for on the ship activities

Cons: need more time next time

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

Everything was excellent about this ship! Two pools for different ages, hot tubs open 24 hrs, a basketball court and a rock climbing wall! WOW!! When you are inside this ship it feels more like a very elegant hotel with a casino, karaoke time, bingo time, nightclubs, bars, and the view from the pool balcony is UNBELIEVABLE!!
The food was fantastic! We mostly ate in the Windjammer Cafe since there is so much variety! I am a very picky eater and never once did I have to walk away from the cafe and say "I Am Hungry" I love the breakfast!! So many options for everyone! Cereal ,donuts, pastries, omeletes... the list could go on! And for those of you who are not morning people, they also have great room service selections!
We had a 4 star room with a port hole for viewing. I loved just sitting in the window watching the waves! Our room stayed clean everytime we left we came back to a fresh made bed and my personal favorite, the little chocolate mints on the pillows! For anyone who loves animals, they come into your room and fold your towels into little tiny animal figurines!
The staff was soo friendly and truly were helpful with anything that you needed from food service, to room service to directions around this huge boat! We absolutely loved our room attendant. They love to joke for anyone who has a sense of humor!
I am a bingo fan and they offered several games throughout our cruise, they have nightclubs of your choice, a GREAT kids program for parents who want a little time away, they have all kinds of competitions for prizes, pilates, fitness times, you name and you will find it!
I didnt have any kids on the cruise with me but from what i seen from the kids of all ages and heard from kids in our hallway they were overly excited about all their adventures and could not stop laughing. They really had a wonderful experience as well. Thank You Truly from the Wilson Family
NASSAU, was very nice with many places to shop and take pictures. We spent most of our day at Black Beard's Cay snorkeling with real live stingrays and a couple of a fish and we also got to hand feed the stingrays!! after we finished snorkeling we walked over to the other side of the beach and had a drink and swam in the ocean! What a beautiful place!
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
We spent most of our day here on cococay walking the beach collecting sea shells, watching the starfish sun bathe, and swinging in the hammock but the cay! The most exciting part of the day was parasailing! Coming from someone who doesnt like heights this was a great experience! Dont forget to take a camera up with you for some great pictures!