Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

My First Cruise

Sail Date: June 09, 2008

My Girlfriend and I recently sailed on the Sovereign of the Seas. This was her second cruise and my first. I didn't know what to expect . I was very impressed wih the lavish decor of the common areas. The crew members were all very friendly. Our room was small but adequate for what we needed it for. We did not spend much time in the room because there were so many activities on board and off. When in port, we enjoyed several excursions that we were able to sign up for in advance. The wave runner experience was a blast! We enjoyed the nightlife on the ship too. There was always something happening. Piano bar, dancing, karaoke, etc. I came home exhausted.

Pros: The crew members were very friendly and always eager to help or answer questions. I really enjoyed the wave runner excursion on Cococay Island. The nightly entertainment on board was excellent!

Cons: The only thing that irritated me was the rudeness of other guests on board. But that's not the fault of the cruiseline.

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

Be sure to wake up early and get off the ship as soon as possible. There is too much to do in Nassau and you won't want to miss anything. If you plan to shop in the straw market, do it before they close at 5:00pm. Rent a scooter and explore the island. Scooters are cheap and quicker than walking.
Don't Miss: Don't miss the nightly party at Senor Frog's! Also be sure to see the aquarium at Atlantis on Paradise Island, it's free if you get there after 6:00pm
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
The wave runners and snorkeling is the most fun on Cococay.