Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Dissapointing Experience

Sail Date: June 06, 2008

My 2 friends and I booked this cruise over the phone about 3 weeks prior to sailing. We were never told that if we did not check in an hour prior to sailing we would not be allowed on. This was my 8th cruise, 5th with Royal Carribean. I have checked in 5 mins prior to sailing on previous cruises. We arrived 8 minutes late and were not allowed to check. Being that we were losing 100% of our money, I decided to hop a flight and catch the boat in Nassau. The other 2 passengers did not passport so they missed out all together. The ships crew did not even help us try to make other arrangements. I found out later Bahamas Air does allow US citizens to fly with a birth certificate. Had we known that, they could have enjoyed it as well. I do believe it was Carnival, they would have let us on. Being a new policy, the Rep should have stressed to us the importance of checking in 1 hour early. There were also 2 other families there that were not let onboard. We spent money, got babysitters and took time off of work. Had we known that we would have been there 2 hours only. As a loyal customer of and Royal carribean, I am very dissapointed.

Pros: the cruise itself was great

Cons: the service I experienced checking in was terrible

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.