Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Good First Cruise for the Kids

Sail Date: March 28, 2008

We found out that this is the last year for the Sovereign of the Sea. They are moving it to Spain and they cut back on staff because of that. Also the staff that is remaining are not guaranteed a job so their mind set isnt' the best because of all the change and I think that was reflective in their service. The food wasn't very good except the night of the captain's dinner. Our head waitor, Constantine, was fabulous. He went over and beyond for our family and was the highlight of our trip. The entertainment was excellent, especially enjoyed the humor of the cruise director, Casey.

Pros: The kids (ages 3 and 10) loved the Adventure Club. The entertainment was awesome. We had a blast on the last night during the "Quest" game. Our head waitor Constantine was exceptional. He went over and beyond for our family.

Cons: The food wasn't very good and the service was less than I expected. I paid for the refillable cup of soda and the first morning at breakfast I asked for a diet coke, they told me we were out.

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

Except for our head waitor, Constantine, was outstanding. I hope they keep him on staff.
We rented a room at the comfort suites thinking that would be a cheaper way to see atlantis but we actually spent 20 more dollars than our friends who didn't do that. Also, it is ALOT of walking at Atlantis. Don't recommend for elderly or small children without a stroller.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Food wasn't that good. They could use some music playing in the background while you're at the beach. The rocks on the beach made walking painful. There wasn't alot for the kids to do at the adventure club.