Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

The Spa was wonderful

Sail Date: January 18, 2008

The cabins were lovely and the floor attendant was very kind and accomidating. The food was decent except for the night I got hair in my food. Which I promptly reported. My aunt who travled with us is handicapped. She had a VERY difficult time when we reached Nassau due to her handicap and there was no assistance for her. We spoke with the company before we booked the cruise telling them she was indeed handicapped and that she would need assistance. They assured us it was taken care of. It wasn't. The Spa though was lovely the people there were very attentive and caring towards my comfort.

Pros: The spa and floor attendant

Cons: Hair in my food, Was not accessable for a handicapped person.

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

I have to say putting the spa underneath the basketball court was a horrible decision in planning. Do you know how hard it is to relax when you feel like the celling is about to fall down upon your face. I would recommend moving it down a floor or something close too it.
One sentence. I got a hair in my food.
The waiter and assistant waiter were very gentlemanly though and I appreciated their help in the matter though i wish it hadn't happened at all.
I put good due to the spa and floor attendants. They balanced the rest of the otherwise difficult and uncomfortable cruise.
The floor attendant was amazing. he alwasy seemed to know exactly when we left and when to make up the room. Those towel decorations were adorable. and the beds were always turned down and comfortable. He did a wonderful job.
I believe it's called the "Netties" bar where Sean Connery frequently visits.
I believe it's called the "Netties" bar where Sean Connery frequently visits.