Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A fantastic cruise

Sail Date: January 28, 2008

My husband and I have sailed on the Sovereign of the Seas several times. She is a great ship and we love the layout of the ship.

Pros: The relaxed atmosphere

Cons: There is nothing we did not like

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

This ship is one of the oldest of the fleet but the layout is great. Very easy to get to your destination. For an older ship she's in great condition. The public areas are well kept, and very clean.
No matter where you are on the ship, the quality of food is great. There is something for everyone, even the picky eaters.
Our staterooms have always been extremely clean. The staff does a wonderful job.
The staff on this ship is the best. They go above and beyond to help you.
We have always enjoyed the entertainment on the ship. From comedy to musicals they are great. You need to get to the entertainment areas early to get a seat, that's how good they are.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Cococay is a tropical paradise. The sight of the ship is amazing from the island. On our first visit to Cococay I wrinkled my nose at a private island not knowing what to expect. When we went ashore, I was pleasantly surprised to find a bit of paradise there.
A must see at Paradise Island is Atlantis. Its a beautiful hotel and casino. There penny slots are wonderful. The Hard Rock is a good place to eat and try some island beer.