Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Pleasantly Surprised!

Sail Date: August 03, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our second "family" cruise in 3 months. We sailed Disney Wonder(4day) first and Soveriegn of the Seas last(4day). Royal Carribean by far beat Disney with the childrens facilities and their activites; on the ship and at Coco Cay!! My children were always waiting for the next event. The ship is a little dated, but still very nice & clean. The food was good. Breakfast is ok, lunch a bit better, however they could ramp up the kids menu a bit! Dinner was always great! Their private island, Coco Cay, is beautful! Unlike any other cruise I've been on before(4prior), the ship anchored in the ocean and we tenderd a boat to the island...absolutely beautiful! The island is packed with all of the ammenites right at your finger tips. There were several different things for children to do besides the "norm"...snorkeling...they have the largest inflateable slide-cool-, an aqua park and a power wheel race track. In addition to those things, the food was awesome and they even have a straw market to get those last minuite gifts that you may have forgotten in Nassau.The ship overall was nice. The back of the ship accomodates most children & adults with all kinds of sports activites.The pool(s) are close to each other and very kid freindly. Howver, there is NO kiddie pool and they are both "salt" water. Initialy, we were a little bothered by that, but adjusted to the fact that was the only way to cool was still a lot of FUN!

Pros: The childrens activities blew Disney away....on the ship AND at Coco Cay!!

Cons: Ship is dated and rooms are small. We had to get 2 cabins to accomodate the four of us.

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

Nassau is dirty. I do like to shop around for those unique "hand made" things though. I would not drag my children around there at all! A lot of walking... our children stayed in the Adventure Ocean on the ship while we walked around Down town Nassua. I would like to take my children to Atlantis. I've been there before and I know they would like it.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
EVERYTHING is wonderful on this island!!! Parasailing was very short for the money. From the time we left the boat, in air, and down was 5 min. and it costs $80/person to do it.STILL, a magical site!