Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Awsome experience for a first timer

Sail Date: July 23, 2007

Well maintained in every aspect. The discipline of the entire staff was exceptional. Every employee we spoke to was willing to help and offered a smile.

Pros: Everything

Cons: Nothing

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

The entertainment manager and staff were exceptional. We enjoyed at least two shows every night from musicals to comedy. The Love and Marriage segment was hilarious, I about fell out of my chair.
The size was overwhelming at first, but then to learn that the Sovereign is one of the smallest it the fleet, that is hard to comprehend.
Words cannot explain, I tried foods I thought I would never try, just knowing that if I didn't like it I could send it back and not be out any money. With the four in my party we only sent one meal back due to being to spicy. Otherwise the food was fabulous. I don't know how it could have been any better, but I am willing to find out.
Size of the bathroom was a bit small, but given it's purpose it worked out fine. Just takes some adjustment from your normal schedules you use at home.
This cruise gave a whole new meaning to the word service. I intend to take some of the great examples of what I saw on board back to my workplace and utilize the same discipline with my co-workers. I would love to have my company make a trip like this part of it's management classes.
The see and sea expeience was cool. To hear about the famous houses, watching the underwater activity from the comfort of a boat and taking the bus tour through the town was a good way to see all the best parts of Nassau in one big sweep. I would have liked to have had the times at port flip flopped between Cococay and Nassau.
Don't Miss: The great photos of the boat at night.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
The waverunner experience was just awsome. The guide was very informative about the surroundings and his attitude showed he loved his job (who wouldn't). Would have liked a lot more time in Cococay.
Don't Miss: Only activity we took part in was the waverunners. If you like speed you gotta try it.