Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A fun & relaxing trip

Sail Date: June 01, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I would recommend a cruise vacation to anyone & everyone. This was our 2nd time cruising experience. Our family enjoyed it so much. Next time I would try to book our room on a higher floor. I am very easily seasick. Although I did have no sleepless nights. The service was great; dining & house keeping. The food was very good. My children also enjoyed "Adventure Ocean" so much that they were disappointed when I had to pick them up. They claimed that I made them miss all the fun stuff. My 10 year old daughter also wanted me to add that she really liked all the different themes at Adventure Ocean. Overall, we had a great trip.

Pros: The best part of the trip was when we visited Cococay. The luncheon buffet on the island was excellent and the day at beach was fun. The water park was an extra nice touch.

Cons: Although the comedy shows were great. I previously enjoyed more on another cruise when entertainment was more family oriented and a variety of programs were shown.

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

The Adventure Ocean was well liked by my children. Though I would love for more shows that I could bring my children along to enjoy with us.
I like the pool & jacuzzi a lot.
The waiters were so professional & the food tasted delicious.
As I mentioned above, I do love comedy shows although I think I would like it more if a variety of programs for family entertainment were done.
Our room was small but comfortable. We loved the chocolates.
Overall, all the staffs were wonderful, friendly, and helpful.
We took a limo ride around the island. Shopping was fun.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
A fun day at the beach & great buffet provided by our ship.