Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Our Family Cruise

Sail Date: May 21, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I expected more pools, free water and 24 hr buffet but other that, everything was alright.

They should definitely sell things for everyone. The clothes were basically for small people with little options for XL and up. Big people like to shop and take home clothes with the ships name on them too.

Pros: Not being at work

Cons: The rocky waters

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

I was surprised. I thought it would be smaller but it was okay...and it was three of us in there...
Got pretty sick of seeing the same line dances by the pool 3 days in a row.
But I am only rating the buffet. I did not go to the formal dining room.
No complaints!!
How they can stand to be around kids for that long is amazing...and I am a mother of 3. They did an excellent job keeping the kids focused on them.
I did not like the fact that once I got past the big black gate, everyone was tyring to 'get my money' or 'take me somewhere'. I must say that I do appreciate the security guard that found me a tour guide I felt safe with. I was extremely apprehensive about going with most of the people offering to give my family a ride but she recommended a gentleman that took very good care of us and was a man of his word (he promptly picked us up from the beach at the time we asked him to). The beach was weak at best. People were hounding you to get braids or pay for lounge chairs to sit on the beach (different prices quoted to each person). There were no shower/restroom nearby to rinse off. You pretty much had to walk a very long way to get to one.