Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

The worst cruise that Ive ever been on

Sail Date: May 21, 2007

From the outside I was impressed the ship was large and it seemed like the cruise would be wonderful. Looks can be deceiving. When I entered our state room it smelled musty, we complained but nothing was done. The food at the Windjammer buffet was cold and tasteless. Our waiter at the sit down dinner acted like it was a choir to wait on us and we were often left with empty water glasses, I guess it you are not drinking wine you dont get refills. Of course the food that might have tasted good (Ben and jerrys and the cafe) had an extra charge associated with them. I purchased soda ($25) and it was a hassle. Every time I wanted a soda the staff insisted that the see my card even if that meant walking all the way back to our lunch seat to get it, come on soda isnt gold.

Pros: photo opportunities

Cons: The service and the food were very bad

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

The Food at the Windjammer buffet was the same all four days. It was boring and often times cold. I tried to make a sandwich with the bread and the bread was so stale that it cracked in half. There was no lack of food only a lack of good food. The food at the sit-down dinner was better than the buffet but it still wasnt what I expected, the steak was tough and the sauces needed some seasoning but like I said it was a lot better than the buffet.
Our room was arranged nicely and appeared as I expected, but it smelled like stale smoke and mold. We complained however no one seemed to care. We requested to use a curling iron and toothbrush, because we forgot them. This was such a tough request that they told us that they could not help, however they made sure to let us know that toothbrushes were available in the gift shop.
Lets just say one day we asked a staff member for a revised itinerary and he said sorry I only have one copy, like he couldnt ever get another one. The staff acted like zombies they had no intention of doing anything more that they had to.
Besides the funky smell the ship layout was ok and the ship was clean.
Their were always activitis avalible. That was the only good thing about this cruise.
Lots of shopping, but poor beach quality. It was nice to finally have some tasty food.