Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Less than I expected

Sail Date: March 01, 2007

This was my first cruise with my six year old daughter. The food was just ok, not much flavor in many of the choices. Pools were cold and small. Hot tubs were tiny and filled at all times. The only place to eat for free is the windjammer cafe and your assigned dinner seating. Johnny rockets, coffee shop, ben and Jerrys were all for a charge. The free icecream on the top deck was filled with broken stale cones. Our seas were to rough to stop at coco cay which was the most disappointing thing about the entire cruise. Cruise line offers absolutely no compensation for the missed day at coco cay. Even though they advertise coco cay their fine print lets them get away with no compensation if missed. The ship itself is older and a bit dirty. The shows were ok but bingo was fun. We basically floated around for three days with one stop in Nassau which was very beautiful. Rock climbing wall was closed most of the time. My daughter liked the kids club. Most of the staff were nice and pleasant, especially some of the room attendants. I wish that I would have been able to go to coco cay, what a disappointment. Not much crew around to answer questions, had to seek out a desk for assistance. Not many signs available for reference. WHen there is rough seas you feel the entire ship rocking. Even said a prayer on the second to last night.

Pros: Comedian, ease of disembarking, room attendant

Cons: Food, paying for food, smell, no compensation for missing coco cay

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

Many eating places on website is for a charge. Only two places to eat for absolutly free. Room service food was less than average.
Layout was ok. Not many signs around to direct you to the level that you needed to go. Room was clean most of the time.
No room to put luggage. Nice sheets and kept clean.
Most of the staff were nice and willing to help.
only two pool games entire cruise, would have been nice for a more active fun pool enviroment. No kid activities at the pool.
My daughter only went in for hour or so. Seemed to like it and looked like there were activities most of the time for them.