Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A fun and beautiful ship!

Sail Date: March 02, 2007

We recently went on the three day to nassau and cococay. I went with my two daughters and one of their boyfriends. The rooms in the ship were fantastic. If you pay the extra bucks it really pays for size and of course view! This was my fourth time on a cruise to Nassau. Unlike some people I love "most" of the natives. We had a shuttle driver that took us all over the place giving us a fantastic tour that we didn't even pay extra for. We snorkled in Nassau and it was awesome! If your an underwater person I highly recommend snorkling in Nassau!

I was disappointed the hot tubs were closed the entire trip "for cleaning". How dirty was it? After walking around islands and walking up and down stairs on the ship a nice soak in the tub at night would have been perfect with a night cap.

All in all the trip was awesome! My daughter and her boyfriend really enjoyed their "first cruise". He told her, "I could never afford three nice dinners in a row like this". He thought it was wonderful and romantic.

Also, our room attendant was the bomb! The little folded animals and the attention we received from her was awesome!

Thanks from Debi in Nashville Tennessee

Pros: Cococay-parasailing!!!! The beach was great the sun was hot the water was gorgeous!

Cons: There seemed to be an inbetween meal time that food was not available. Everyone needs a snack when they first get back on the ship from a day on an island.

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

I only wish there had been something available in the 4-6ish p.m. time frame. Just a snack so as to not ruin my dinner appetite, but tide me over so I didn't feel famished by late dinner time.
Mine was awesome! My daughters in her cabin, was not friendly and didn't replenish the feminine neccessities in her bathroom! She liked mine so much she gave me an additional tip for my room attendant!
I always love Nassau. The native people can be a little frightening when you first get off the ship. But, once you have been there once you know if it's something you don't want to just say no thank you and keep walking. We snorkled and loved it!!!!!!
Don't Miss: Snorkling and/or Atlantis
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
It is a beautiful relaxing island. I wish we could have stayed there an extra day!
Don't Miss: Parasailing!!!!! OMG!!!!! Gorgeous!!!!!