Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Wonderful Family Vacation!

Sail Date: February 26, 2007

My oceanview room was very nice and very clean. The staff was great and there was plenty of things to do on the boat. The only bummer was the jacuzzi's were not working the whole trip and no one could give a reason why.

Pros: Wonderful staff, beautiful ship, plenty of activities

Cons: The jacuzzi's were not working

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

The main dining was nice. The Windjammer (buffet) always had something for everyone. Then there was always pizza available and Johnny Rockets
This was my first cruise so I do not have another boat to compare it to
I came with teenagers and there were not that many teens on the ship so the teen lounges and nightclubs were dead. No kids hung out there, they called it lame. On the other hand, they really liked the shows at night, comedians and magicians and singing and dancing.
As I said, the teen programs were not that great according to my kids.
I was pleasantly surprised with the staterooms! They were clean, and bright which made the small size unimportant.
The staff was great! Professional and curteous at all times. They are from all over the world and it was fascinating to talk to them about their home countries, Costa Rica, Panama, India, Jamaica just to name a few.
Nassau was a lot of fun too. We went snorkeling (Amazing) and then we just walked around and explored the city on our own. Had a ball bargaining at the Straw Market and meeting the locals.
Don't Miss: The Straw Market and the unlimited rum punch after snorkeling was pretty good too
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
This was PARADISE! We went jet skiing and parasailing. The island is beautiful. You can lay on a chair or beach mat to relax and soak up the sun. There are hundreds of hammocks scattered around the island. I layed in one next to a lagoon with iguanas sunning themselves in total privacy. There is food and drink and music and a little straw market. You had everything there! The only bad thing was we didn't stay long enough!
Don't Miss: jet skiing! Alot of fun and you get to see places like Starfish Alley