Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

An EXCELLENT Cruise!!!!

Sail Date: December 22, 2006

As a first time cruiser, this cruise was excellent and we definitely would like to celebrate our 25th anniversary (2008) on another cruise. All staff was very friendly, helpful and eager to do the best job they could. I was impressed with their ability to move that many people from place to place in a timely, courteous manner. I was surprised at how clean the ship was kept at all times. I was very impressed with the quality of the shows and how they catered to all ages. Our 16 year old and 21 year old sons were with us and enjoyed every aspect of what the ship had to offer. I especially enjoyed the towels made into animals every night and it was always a treat to see each evening what they came up with. The food was excellent and we never went hungry. We really liked the chocolate buffet. All the activities poolside were fun to watch and entertaining. This Christmas cruise was a relaxing time for us and we look forward to cruising again in the near future.

Pros: The shows that were great for all ages.

Cons: The shower curtain.

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

I was amazed at how clean everything was kept.
The food was very good and we especially enjoyed the music played at our table - very nice touch.
The stateroom was bigger than I anticipated - there were 4 of us in one room but no more time that we spent in there it worked great.
The staff was so helpful and definitely went above and beyond what was expected. They were very friendly and always willing to help.
We enjoyed the shows, especially the comedians! Quality of material was acceptable for many age ranges.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
We could've spent 2 days here. It was excellent, good weather, very clean, many excursions and great food!
Don't Miss: All the excursions.
We liked going here once just to see the straw market. Might return to shop there but would not go anywhere else. Got tired of people "bugging" us to buy stuff - too pushy.
Don't Miss: straw market - good deals