Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Second Time Around - Twice as Great!

Sail Date: December 01, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My husband, grandson and I enjoyed this winter cruise very much. We took this trip last year in April, and enjoyed it so much, we decided to take it again this year. It is a fun, filled weekend for every age. I am a senior citizen and find enjoyment in the dining and entertainment experiences presented. My grandson is 8 years old, and he participates in the Adventure Ocean' program for his age and loves every moment in it. My husband is a professional musician, and he is impressed with the quality of the talent and entertainment on board. Best of all, we dine as a family, eating delicious food in a very comfortable, happy environment. The dining room staff is wonderful. My biggest pleasure is being served breakfast; I never get served breakfast at home, so it is a sheer treat to sit among a group of fellow cruisers, laughing and talking in a beautiful dining room, being served hand and foot. I loved every moment of it.

For us, CocoCay was the best treat of all. We loved the island. It was very relaxing and the island's layout is very convenient. I use a cane to walk, yet I had no difficulty in getting around. We loved the fact that it is a private island, and we did not get bothered by other hawkers or crowds. The BBQ was delicious and plentiful. My only regret is that we did not another day to spend on this wonderful retreat.

I will cruise again in the near future. And I will definitely contact . They were very efficient and courteous every time I contacted them. I trust their level of experience in guiding me to having a great time. There were no mishaps, and all my documents were sent on time and in order. I really appreciate their professionalism. Thank you very much for assiting me and my family in this vacation adventure.

Pros: The total package of this cruise lends a family to enjoy a wonderful, carefree weekend in the friendly, beautiful Bahamas. The food and entertainment were the best part. Coco Cay was a joyful day. We loved it all.

Cons: Being a non-smoker, I was unable to enjoy, or even visit for a short while, Deck 11, the open pool deck due to smoking being allowed. The same with the Viking Crown. I had to leave and this disappointed me.

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

The inside cabin is small for three people. But the price was right Could not hear the public speaking announcements in the cabin.
The main shows were very enjoyable. A lot of talent. The Cruise Director, Chris, did a good job. Did not get to see main show on Saturday night; scheduled at 10:45pm. Too late. Needs to made available to earlier crowd. There could be more cruise deck entertainment and activities. It was very limited and loud.
Kudos to Stacey, our cabin stewardess. She did a great job. The towel sculpture pleased our grandson. She was exceptionally friendly. Samuel, the Head Waiter, was delightful; and Robert our Waiter was considerate and very concerned about our dining pleasure. One disappointment was the Crown & Anchor Socity representative I tried to speak with about a future cruise. I sat down at 11:30 am and wanted to discuss next year's cruise with her and she did not take the time but instead told me to come back later in the afternoon when she would put some brochures on the table for me to look at. I was very miffed at her attitude and lack of interest. I was ready to book a future cruise with RCI, but I now will go elsewhere or find it on the net myself. A special thank you goes to the staff of the Windjammer Restaurant and port personnel. They retrieved an expensive laptop we had forgotten in the dining room, and returned it to us after we left the ship.
Food quality and presentation is wonderful.
This program and the staff are incredible. My grandson is 8 years old and he cruised this same ship with us last year. He enjoyed it so much then, he begged to go with us this year. He spent almost the netire trip in their program. From morning until midnight. He is a very bright child, and bored easily, so they must be doing something right to keep his interest. He didn't want to leave the ship in Nassau. He said it saw it last year and stayed on board with the program. Thank you for a great time for his age.
Nassau is a great place to shop. Tours are varied, so there is something for everyone. I particularly enjoy the Pirate Tour.
Don't Miss: Downtown shopping district.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
A great private island. Wonderful layout; ample lounge chairs and convenience throught island. The BBQ and music was outstanding! The Straw Market was less desirable; Too overpriced.
Don't Miss: Just relax and enjoy!