Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruise with our 3 young boys!

Sail Date: November 06, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Prior to the cruise I read that Sovereign of the Seas is one of Royal Carribbean's older ships, it is still a very nice ship, I did notice at times the smell in the cabin bathrooms that are mentioned in some reviews, but it was not that big of a deal. The shower head in one of our two rooms needed to be replaced and it was done right away. The cabins are small, but are just fine, since all you need the cabin for is sleep.

The cabins have a mini bar, make sure you count the items and that you have what is supposed to be there. They tried to charge us for 2 cokes $4.03 that were never there in one of our cabins. We don't drink Coke. It took some work to get it credited, but finally was resolved. It was a matter of principle, not the money. I do not like being charged for something we never got.

Pros: Coco Cay

Cons: Too short

Recommends Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

See above, small rooms gives it an average rating.
The only thing I did not like about the lay out was having to walk through the casino or bar with kids to get to the theater, other than that nice ship and layout.
I liked the comedians and juggler who was featured as having been on Americas got Talent. The ships dancers and singers did a good job with their two shows, but I just prefer comedy. The cruise director is great and funny.
The best food was in the dining room. The Windjammer restaurant, or buffet had a good variety but the flavor and quality was not as good as the dining rooms. We loved Sorrentos pizza for a bite at any time.
The dining room staff of the Mirage dining room earned this Excellent as they alone deserve a Best rating. Our waiter Anthony was the best with the kids and very sincere, he news all by name on the second night.
Great kids area and program. The two older boys went twice to Adventure Ocean and did not want to leave either time.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
This was the best stop of the cruise, it is a beautiful little island, the water was clear and blue, but a little cold suprisingly. It was like spring water, both in looks and temperature. Very good barbecue lunch, just a bit crowded.
Don't Miss: don't miss, very relaxing
I cannot fairly give a full review as it was rainy off and on, so we decided not to go to Atlantis, because the city area of Nassau appears dirty and poor. The jewelry prices may be good but still high if you are not into that.
Don't Miss: If bad weather stay on the ship or go to Atlantis, skip Nassau