Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fabulous Cruise

Sail Date: August 18, 2006

When we booked this trip, all of our friends who took this cruised on this ship and others said that Soverign of the Seas was a small ship and how it was nice. I have to say that they were totally wrong. This may be the smallest of the Royal Caribbean ships but it was most definitely gorgeous. I have never seen people take pride in making sure that it stayed clean for everyone involved. The ship was absolutely beautiful. The staff were extremely friendly and was willing to help in any way possible. Very easy going and relaxing cruise.

Pros: The comedy shows

Cons: Everything was great

While on the ship, I have to say the Windjammer was the best place to eat. We went to Illusions on our first night and was not impressed by the food. The atmosphere was extremely nice. If you did not want anything the windjammer had, then you had the option of pizza at Sorrento's or hamburgers at the 50's stlye atmosphere of Johnny Rockets.
Emmanuel was our Staterom attendant on the 5th floor, he did a fabulous job of making sure our bed was made, clean towels twice daily. Even though the staterooms are not big, they are adequate for 2 people on a 3 night cruise.
Ship Staff like I said before was extremely friendly and was more than willing to help.
We loved the Love and Marriage game. The comedians of the weekend of 8/18-8/21/06 were extremely funny. I loved it. I really liked the Flashback production show as well. I really like J.R.'s singing, she is extremely talented and if she were to try out for "American Idol", I know she would win.
While we were at the Island, I did not realize how dirty it was. We took a tour of the Island it was extremely poor and dirty until we arrived at Paradise Island. There were people passed out on the side of the roads. However once you made your way to Paradise Island, it was really nice.
Don't Miss: Atlantis Casino, it is beautiful.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Great family park. It is to expensive for our budget so we did not get to ride or do any of the activities. We stayed on the beach and relaxed in one of the hammocks.