Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

First Cruise- and it was wonderful!!

Sail Date: July 01, 2006

The ship was nicely redone and clean. Plenty of activities to do onboard. At Nassau we went jetskiing and wandered through Atlantis, which was beautiful. CocoCay was beatiful; we went snorkeling and saw plenty of fish, a stingray and even a barracuda! The only negative about the ship was the final departure took 3 and 1/2 hours, not the 2 that was promised. I know b/c we were the last color called for departing, and it's really boring to wait b/c nothing is open and they kept moving us b/c they were cleaning the ship.

Pros: Food and all the activities onboard; the climbing wall was great!

Cons: Departure was long and tedious

it's an older ship, but most of it has been renovated so it looks brand new. The bars and restaurants were all clean and the shops were nice too. Very clean and good condition overall.
The food was great!! I am a vegetarian and try to eat mostly healthy so I was worried that there woudln't be anything for me to eat, but there were tons of options for me. They designate their vegetarian and lighter fares on the menu so it's easy to order and feel comfortable. All the food was excellent. Our waitstaff was extremely nice and accomadating.
The climbing wall and the staff there were so great!! I highly recommend it. Also, we went to the dueling piano show the first night and it was so good that we ended up going every night.
We got upgraded from an interior room to an ocean view room, which was awesome. I had heard so much about the rooms being tiny that it was actually bigger than I thought it would be. They are small, but who cares, you shouldn't be spending any time there anyway. The only problem with ours was the last night we came back and there was stuff coming up from the drains in the bathroom/shower. I called maintenance and it was gone by the time we came back to our room.
our wait staff was the best; the people at the customer service counter could have been more helpful. they didn't seem to really know what was going on. For example, when we booked our cruise we were asked if we were celebrating a birthday and it was my birthday so we put yes and the date. Nothing happened on my birthday so we asked if there was supposed to be something and the lady looked at us like we were crazy. We tried explaining it but she had no idea so we just dropped it. I just don't understand why we were asked about my birthday and then nothing happened for it.