Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Nice Ship&Kidz club and loved Coco Cay!

Sail Date: June 23, 2006

We arrived at the port at 1am. Embarkation and debarkation were stress free. Parking was not a hassle either. Coco Cay was our favorite stop - plenty of chairs, water was perfect (temperature), not much fish during snorkeling.

Coco Cay was the best port. Nassau was kind of expensive. But, got some good deals at the straw market.

I would probably try a different cruise line, but same size ship and length of stay. The cabin size makes me a little claustrophobic. I was on Carnival 10 years ago and thought they were better with everything.

Pros: Guest Performance - David DiNunzio (Juggler)

Cons: Cabin smell, tapping noises@8am

Our cabin smelled everyday in the afternoon. We were on Deck 9 towards the back of the ship (cabin 9068). I think it was near the waste removal pipe. It was so bad that the hallway in our area and on Deck 8 smelled too. There were also some tapping noises every morning at 8am - very annoying since it sounded like someone was knocking on our door. Our room was clean every day and Sandy, our stateroom attendant was very nice.
The guest performance on the 2nd night was excellent. David DiNunzio was funny and amazing. My son loved it. The other performances were not impressive - I almost slept through one except that the waiter woke me up.
Adventure Ocean for the kids was okay. The kids (7 and 10) went every day. The counselors did not seem too thrilled to be there.
Most were friendly and helpful.
The food was not impressive at all. And did I mention the lack of air conditioning? No midnight buffet on first night. The wording in the Compass was misleading. At least there was pizza at Sorrento's. The only fish entree served seemed to be salmon - smoked, sushi'd or broiled except for the Mahi Mahi Tempura. It was soggy and dry. Assistant waiter tended to us more than the waiter himself. Not sure why he was never around.
The ship was clean for the most part. Air conditioning in dining rooms was never enough. We were sweating during dinner.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)

Don't Miss: Johnny Rockets - waiters danced up a storm, very entertaining