Sovereign of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not a very good trip at all.

Sail Date: March 17, 2006

The entertainment was absolutely terrible. I have been on several Carnival cruises and the evening shows were MUCH better than on this cruise. On the 1st night I don't even think there was a show. Additionally, I don't think there was a midnight buffet on one of the nights which is usually something to look foward to. My friends and I are all in our mid 30's but about 80% of the passengers were teenagers on Spring Break. The 2nd day, I got horrible food poisoning from some lamb curry that kept me in the bathroom every 20 minutes. I contacted the corporate headquarters and they basically blew me off. I will never sail Royal Carribean cruiseline again. :-(

Pros: Going home.

Cons: Getting food poisoning

The evening dining room food was good. The rest of the food I really wasn't pleased with. I did not enjoy getting food poisoning for lunch.
Not enough to do. Evening entertainment was not very good.
Old ship. Not alot to do onboard.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Coco-cay was nice. Weather was great. Quite pricey on the activities but the layout was enjoyable.
Bahamas was ok. I've been a few times. We went to the beach and laid out near the Atlantis. It was a nice day.