Wonderful Taste of Italy

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Helpful Vote: 1

Sail Date: August 01, 2014
Ship: Serenade of the Seas
I have been on larger Royal Caribbean ships which appeal more to my taste. This ship appeared much smaller since it did not have the large promenade of shops.

I was very disappointed that lobster and filet carried extra cost. The choices of food was very average.

There were a lot of activities and entertainment geared for couples. I am a solo traveler and was never able to find the activities for solo travelers.

They are apparently poor because children took up majority of seats in lounge areas and pools. I would prefer an adults only area.

The entertainment and dining staff were superb. The stateroom staff was OK. I have been on previous ship with much shorter sailing where I was always greeted by my cabin stewart by name. That was not my experience on this ship.

Just average. Saving of deck chairs is ridiculous. You have to be on deck before 9 am to get a chair.

My cabin appeared quite worn due to non-working refrigerator\, sagging couch and torn curtains.

Pros: Ports of call

Cons: too many unsupervised children

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? No.