Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Wonderful Taste of Italy

Sail Date: August 01, 2014

I have been on larger Royal Caribbean ships which appeal more to my taste. This ship appeared much smaller since it did not have the large promenade of shops.

Pros: Ports of call

Cons: too many unsupervised children

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? No.

Just average. Saving of deck chairs is ridiculous. You have to be on deck before 9 am to get a chair.
I was very disappointed that lobster and filet carried extra cost. The choices of food was very average.
My cabin appeared quite worn due to non-working refrigerator\, sagging couch and torn curtains.
The entertainment and dining staff were superb. The stateroom staff was OK. I have been on previous ship with much shorter sailing where I was always greeted by my cabin stewart by name. That was not my experience on this ship.
There were a lot of activities and entertainment geared for couples. I am a solo traveler and was never able to find the activities for solo travelers.
They are apparently poor because children took up majority of seats in lounge areas and pools. I would prefer an adults only area.