Service was excellent!

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Sail Date: February 01, 2012
Ship: Serenade of the Seas
The ship was very clean. Our stateroom attendent and wait staff were OUTSTANDING! I traveled with my parents, my brother, my husband and our children 3 & 5. We stopped at five islands and got off on all of them. My kids and myself were first time cruisers and I was honestly nervous. Although, the ship felt small at times, we honestly didn't get to experience all of the events aboard. There just simply was too much to do and see.

The food was terrifc. My husband is "gluten-free", which was clearly marked on all of the buffet items and the wait staff was more then willing to prepare him special dishes at his wish. My boys ate very well on ship and ate a great variety. My brother ate two meals with most dinners and the staff never even blinked. The service at dinner was excellent.

Lots of activities for all ages.

My kids were only in Adventure Ocean once, but had a good time. They loved the children's pool and the water slide.

The staff was really outstanding! I cannot emphasize this enough. The ship's activities were fun and for all ages. The wait staff was friendly at all times. Our room was always clean and our stateroom attendant was always giving high fives to our boys. We even tried out the medical facilities as my youngest ended up with an ear infection. The doctor and nurse were very helpful and I was very grateful that they were available on ship.

We found the ship easy to get around. I am a bit of a neat freak and germaphobe, but I honestly felt very comfortable on the boat.

We had a stateroom with a balcony which is very roomy for a couple, but with the kids it was a bit cramped. However, we only ever stopped in to sleep and change for our next adventure.

Pros: The staff of the Serenade made the cruise for us. Always upbeat and personal.

Cons: We wish the ship was a little bigger.

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? Yes!