Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

So-So Cruise

Sail Date: July 17, 2011

Ship's layout was very confusing. Dance floor in the centrum was very small. We had paid for a superior balcony (extended) and were not happy with the lack of extra space.

Pros: the different ports of call, friends we met

Cons: size of stateroom and pool

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? No.

overall , the ship appeared clean, decor was somewhat outdated. Not enough elevators in the rear of the ship
We paid for the superior stateroom with the extended balcony, but noticed the extended decks were on the floor below us.....what happened there?
Guest relations was wonderful and cleaned by white skirt for free. I was in the tropical theatre and sat in a seat that was wet from a spilled drink.
6pm dining time was inconvenient for us but we made the best of it. We made new friends and enjoyed our waitstaff, Jessie and assistant waiter, Lorenzo
I enjoyed most of the entertainment in the theatre
St. John's, Antigua
Went to the beach and loved every minute of it. (by Sandals Grande of Antigua)
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Went on the beach rendezvous excursion. This was nice and then did some shopping afterwards.
Don't Miss: Orient Bay
Castries, St. Lucia
missed excursions as we waited at diamonds international for a 10:00 raffle that didn't occur until 11:15am. Too late then to join any excursions. Ben (ship's shopping expert) shook the raffle slips and mine fell out. Instead of declaring me the winner, he put my entry back in the box. Needless to say I didn't win.
Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
more vendor shopping, then beach. beach was not very nice and rather rocky.
Bridgetown, Barbados
We went to the beach and it was very nice. Waste of time was waiting around at the "wrong" diamonds international for a raffle.
Don't Miss: Carlisle Bay