Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Been to Paradise - Thanks RCL!

Sail Date: December 01, 2010

To our VTG Agent Russell Edgerton and the entire RCL staff.... we are ready to go again!
by seagypsy60, Jan 29 '11

Bravo!! VTG & Royal Carib - can't get any better than that!
This was a first time cruise for myself and my disabled mother. What a wonderful way to go! Vacations To Go's agent, Russel Edgerton was extremely helpful, pleasant and informative. Although we booked very late, after telling him my concerns he got us a good room, and later upgraded it to a disabled room to accomodate my mother. What a gem! Everything was done so efficiently I almost didn't realize I had booked a cruise. Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Sea experience was superb! The ship is gorgeous. The service, food, friendliness, cleanliness and care; everything was top of the line. The crew was especially friendly and helpful. When we left, we felt we were leaving behind "old friends" . The initial boarding the ship, disembarking and returning for island hops and the island tours was quick and easy. Help and courtesy were given to my disabled mother by the all of the staff. She used a travel scooter to navigate easily around the ship's interiors, decks and docks without any issues. To top it off, Vacations To Go surprised us with a lovely bottle of wine waiting for us in the cabin. Thank You VTG for making first time cruisers believers in the best. We spent a little more for extras than we had planned, but it was definitely worth every penny. We'll be back again.
Eva P. & Melissa R. Wisconsin

Pros: The cleanliness and friendliness and our "disabled" room

Cons: Not being able to bring alcohol purchased on board for usage

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? Yes!

This was like living in a palace for a week. Everything was perfect.
Everything was five star. Also, when we needed to change our dining situation due to complications, our request was handled courteously and efficiently.
We were very impressed by the automatic hallway door accessing the disabled cabin. It made "driving in" much easier. We appreciated having enough room to "house" our travel scooter as well as access to a generously sized balcony.
Our centrum bar crew: Paul, Dordy and Ahmed - made our evenings something to be remembered! As did our head waiter from the Dominican Republic. Our room attendant was so very sweet, we missed her when we didn't see her (Room 710). We felt very pampered. The chef at Windjammers was kind enough to handle a special request of prunes and even the ship's maintenance people smiled for my camera.
I enjoyed learning the samba, flirting with Elvis (impersonator) during one of the shows and a lot of other activities too varied and many to put on paper. The Compass Newsletter was always fun to read at night.